Success

Success

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Personal Victory

Today I had a huge personal victory. About 6 1/2 years ago I decided to become a runner. I ran about 3-5 days a week and really enjoyed running and the alone time I had out there just me and my music and the pavement. I occasionally trained for different races but never really pushed myself to improve my time. I never considered myself a "runner".  In July of this last year, 2014, I stopped running because I was having lower back pain and thought it was a result of only running and not working on strengthening my core and the rest of my body. Over the course of the next few months I did a few different programs, 21 Day Fix, P90X3 and 2 weeks ago, I started Insanity Max 30. I have missed running but was afraid to run again because I thought it would hurt my back again.
This morning, I decided to go for a run. My last run was at the end of July. I ran 3 miles and my average pace was 11:16. Today on my run I ran just under 3 miles and my average pace was 8:11!! I improved my average pace by 3 minutes!! I could hardly believe that I could improve so drastically without running regularly.  Victories in your journey to fitness, big or small need to be celebrated! Today is a huge victory for me and I can't wait to see where my journey takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment