Success

Success

Monday, December 22, 2014

Beginning my journey

I just want to start out by saying, I am not a fitness expert. I have had no formal training on "what" to do and how to do it to become fit. I am just sharing my journey and what I have done to get where I am mentally and physically.
Almost 7 years ago, I had just had my second child and was watching The Biggest Loser, which was one of my favorite shows. I loved watching these people transform their lives and see what they could become. At the end of the season, the contestants ran a marathon...A MARATHON!!! These people who a few weeks ago, were horribly over-weight ran/walked a marathon. After watching this episode, I thought, I can be a runner. I am not horribly over-weight. If these people can become runners, I can be a runner. So, I signed up for my first 10k that would be in about 12 weeks. And so I became a runner. My mindset was such that, as long as I was running a few times a week, I can still continue to eat what I want and my weight will stay down and then I will be healthy. I continued with this mindset the next few years until about 6 months ago.
6 months ago, I started noticing my a few friends posting on Facebook about a 21 Day Fix they were doing. The more I saw about it the more I became interested. I knew I needed to learn how to eat healthier. My baby was two and I had become a junk food junkie! So I messaged my friend about this and she gave some info and I thought, 3 weeks, I can try anything for 3 weeks. So I ordered it. The meal plan seemed easy to follow and the workouts were only 30 minutes. At the end of the 3 weeks, I had lost 7 lbs and 10 inches!!! I was so excited, I decided I wanted to become a Beachbody coach and help other people, who didn't know where to start and share my journey with them. I did another 3 weeks of 21 Day Fix and ended up losing another 8 lbs and 5 more inches. After that I did P90X3. I am a big fan of these 30 minute programs and starting in a week I am undertaking Insanity MAX:30.
So this is where I am at with my journey. I am helping others learn how to become fit. I am teaching them what I have learned through my experience and encouraging them along the way. I love this journey and this opportunity to help people.
If you are interested in any of the Beachbody programs, contact me at mmakelle@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment